2019 entertainment review

Semester Recap

This semester I did a lot. I took roles all the way from director to editor. From making a commercial to making a treatment for a short film. my most memorable project of the semester would have to be the film reel. Though it was a small assignment and not much one we spent a lot of time on it I was able to present my best works and compose it all together also spotlight my editing skills to make an amazing film reel. With only around two weeks to work on it I had to work on finding my best work so that involved digging to find somethings that were high quality for junior year video. As I was cutting everything and was adding music I leaned that sometimes you just have to enjoy the little things and it will work out. Though being a junior I got my style across and being able to spotlight my work felt good and hearing from some of the other juniors and seniors in class that I had solid shots and a great depth of focus was great. Going back now and adding somethings I'd see that I would add some new shots from the most recent projects as well.


Challenges Along the Way

With new projects coming along and different entertainment class is just the right way to start off my day and get everything going. Been how entertainment is two classes long being able to get a lot of things done is true and having the opportunity to not just enhance my camera skills but at the same time learn more about colleges is a must. Being on task during class helps so much so when it comes to filming it helps out everyone.

Strengths in Video

Coming in a new I had a good understanding about cameras and how to tell a good story but once the school year started going in full speed the seniors and prior entertainment students did a great job to making my skills go from good to high quality. Being able to present my projects that I can be a proud of for having solid video work. Even with having a solid camera work editing can make or break something which is something I learned. Editing not being one of my greatest strength is something I would for sure need to clean up because I'm not the best at it.

Guest Speakers

With 5 different guest speakers this year having people from past eComm students to people win Hollywood it was great to see the variety of different voices and life styles that we cam live because what we had to learn in eComm and how if we were to go straight into the work force we'd be prepared. We learned everything from how Hollywood is a bigger change of life than KCK from Morgan Cooper all the way to managing a good filming day by Darby Christensen and from camera and light equipment with Leah Wellman and Gordan Lamb and how to organize and get ready for post production with Ryan Burnett All these guest speakers put in perspective how important all these steps are needed to make a movie amazing.

Feature Film Szn

With next semester being the start of feature film season I'm exited to be 2nd assisted director. Thought I've only directed a handful of projects being under the wing of two seniors will help me get ready for next year when I have the opportunity to be a director for my own future film. Being able to work as a director is something I hope to do as a job and taking everything I have learned from eComm into the real world I'd be so happy to land a job in the field after college.

First Semester Rewind

Though I have only been in entertainment for one semester I loved every minute of it. From the late work nights to the early alarms to go film and its been a ride. I did a 24 hour film fest and having the chance to compete against other schools was so much fun. Thought sometimes it did get a little hectic with forgetting a prop to losing footage I learned the hard way always take backups. Being able to make friendships based upon how amazing and passionate these people are is inspiring and makes me want to try harder its always fun and amazing. Something I'm exited to accomplish next semester is to set a solid film would be the best. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last e9 Blogger

Last Sophomore Video Blog